We are again using USA Football certification. Reminder: this is a requirement to receive a Coaches badge (from the league), be on the sideline as a Coach and to receive credit for Volunteering as a Coach this season.
You will need to associate with our organization (Fairfield Indians Youth Football Association) by entering our organization name in the org search or confirming the organization if you are a returning coach.
SIGN UP / RENEW HERE
Lindsay Law Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Infomational Video and Documents:
In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
The following resources were developed to implement Lindsay’s Law:
Concussion Training - State law requires training in recognizing concussions in sports. The Ohio Department of Health offers free online training for coaches. Select one of the two programs below to complete your training. Once you complete the training please forward certificate directly to your head coach.
Online Concussion Management Training
Per ORC 3707.52 as enacted by Ohio HB 143 of the 129th General Assembly, ODH is required to post free training programs that train coaches and referees in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries.
The two following free online trainings have been approved by ODH for coaches and referees:
#1 National Federation of State High School Associations Concussion in Sports
What you Need to Know: HERE
This free on-line course is available through the NFHS. You will need to click the “order here” button and complete a brief registration form to take the course. Follow these steps to complete the course:
Click on the button that says, "please login to order." In the window that appears, click "Register Now".
- When your registration is complete you may "order" the free concussion course offered along the left hand side of the page. Continue following prompts. Although it may look like you'll be charged for the course, there is no cost.
- Once you have completed "checkout," you'll be able to take the free online course.
- When you have completed and passed the course, choose the option of printing or saving a certificate of completion.
#2 National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) Concussion Training
NAYS Concussion Training Sign Up
This free online course is available to all coaches and parents. To register, pass the course and obtain a certificate of completion you will need to follow these steps:
- Click the “Sign Up” button and complete the brief registration form to create a free account.
- From your account you will want to select the “Go to clinic” link to begin.
- On the overview page you will need to select the “I want a certificate for this training” button to satisfy the Ohio law and obtain a certificate of completion.
- Answer all of the exam questions for each section. When complete, an “Access Your Certificate” link will appear under the More Resources tab for easy printability of your certificate.
Existing NYSCA coaches and PAYS parents can also add concussion training for free to their existing account.
GCYFL (Greater Cincinnati Youth Football League) Team Documentation
Please complete the documents below. They must be typed
GCYFL Paperwork How to
GCYFL 2019 Coaches Roster.xlsx
GCYFL 2019 Player Agreement.xlsx
GCYFL 2019 Team Roster.xlxs
Below is a link for background checks. A successful background check is needed to coach. Please enter your information no later than tomorrow, Friday, July 20th. Returning head coaches do not have to do this because we paid for your check last year.
Required Coach Background Check